Thursday, August 18, 2011

Exploration





I'm not a blogger. I just can't keep up with this stuff, but for the requirements of a certain professor, Professor X, I guess I'll have to try my hand at this.

Some things about me.

Where are you from?

Well, I am from some very conservative, pseudo-christian, hypocritical backgrounds, deep in the black hole of the south. My parents (mother and stepfather) are both disabled, and my father is a jerk whom I haven't willingly seen in about 7 years. We had lots of pets. There was alcohol, fights, medical scares, etc. That's pretty much it. I doubt anyone seriously cares.

What is your experience with writing?

I love to write, it's my passion, along with art and animals, I use writing to express myself, to keep a log of the things I think, dream, love, and feel. At times during my childhood I dreamed of being and author.

What do you care about?

I care about animals and the injustices done to them, the thing that makes me most furious is the fur trade and the shark finning trade, as I feel the animal's life was wasted more than even being killed for consumption. I also care about my health, and do a lot of reading about health and vitamins and supplements. I'm always looking for new ways to improve my overall health. I also care about creativity and my right to express my own. I do a lot of crafts, writing, drawing and the like. I wouldn't say that I'm some kind of a hippy, but I do think that the world needs to chill the hell out and get over itself and we'd all be a lot better off.

What kind of popculture do you consume?

I consume a lot of movies, movies of all kinds, from willy wonka and the chocolate factory to queen of the damned to rosemary's baby. I'm really an open minded individual about a lot of things like that, such as my taste in music, I know that it seems cliche at this point, but I literally will listen to anything besides screamo and bluegrass, and find something of merit therein.
I also comsume books, but mostly non-fiction, self improvement books, history, foreign culture, books about pet care and animal rights etc.

Why are you in college?

Because there's no where else for me to be, honestly, I can't get a job with the economy the way it is, and the only chance I have right now is to get a degree in something and hope that it helps me some how, at the very least it's giving me some temporary funds and something to do besides sit at my apartment and go crazy from boredom.


No comments:

Post a Comment